From Mcabber Wiki
- mcabber is a text Jabber client including features such as SSL/TLS/SASL support, history logging, commands completion, external actions triggers and dynamic modules. It also has PGP, OTR (Off-the-Record Messaging) and Aspell/Enchant support.
- mcabber is reported to run on the following platforms: GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Mac OS X and Cygwin.
- The following Jabber specifications are supported (in the development version):
- XEP-0012 - Last Activity
- XEP-0022 - Message Events
- XEP-0027 - Current Jabber OpenPGP Usage
- XEP-0030 - Service Discovery (partial)
- XEP-0045 - Multi-User Chat
- XEP-0048 - Bookmark Storage
- XEP-0049 - Private XML Storage
- XEP-0054 - vcard-temp (retrieval only)
- XEP-0085 - Chat State Notifications
- XEP-0086 - Error Condition Mappings
- XEP-0090 - Entity Time
- XEP-0091 - Delayed Delivery
- XEP-0092 - Software Version
- XEP-0115 - Entity Capabilities
- XEP-0145 - Annotations
- XEP-0146 - Remote Controlling Clients (partial)
- XEP-0184 - Message Delivery Receipts
- XEP-0199 - XMPP Ping (answering only)
- XEP-0202 - Entity Time
- XEP-0203 - Delayed Delivery
- XEP-0249 - Direct MUC Invitations (partial)
Have a look at the Getting started page for help on running mcabber for the first time.
You can read the small User Guide as well to get a quick overview.
MCabber 0.10.0 supports dynamic Modules (a.k.a. plugins).
You can download mcabber tarballs from the main site.
Maybe there exist mcabber Packages for your operating system.
See the Community Portal for information on helping with the development of mcabber.